Jets Tackle Bullying

Back to Article
Back to Article

Jets Tackle Bullying

Kishan Malhotra and Peyton Conn

The Jets tackle bullying campaign has presented MMS with an unbelievable opportunity to promote anti-bullying in a different way from past years.

The Jets and Stomp Out Bullying organization have partnered together where one student chosen per week will be given game and parking tickets to attend a Jets home game, along with receiving some Jets merchandise.

The way to win is to be an upstander and stand up for the peers around you. The students who have won the tickets so far are Alex M. in seventh grade, Zariya F. in sixth grade, Veertegh M. in eighth grade, and Julia S. also in eighth grade. There are still lots of games left, so don’t miss the opportunity to win.

According to Mr. Pisa, “One of the parents is working with the Jets and he has seen how well this has worked with other schools. He wanted Millburn Middle School to be part of it.” Mr. Pisa also noted, “They want some of the kids to possible go to the media, or when the media comes to us, to be to be available as ambassadors of the program to speak to the media.” Mr. Pisa also mentioned to the staff, “If you see something happening, and a student that stands up, find out that student’s team and report it to the team leader.” 

Do not waste this once in a lifetime opportunity to get free tickets to a Jets game, and be featured on their social media page!  Selected students will be featured on the school bulletin board, and be commended on the peer leader Instagram account, @mmspeerleaders.