Leaf Peeping on an Idle Sunday Afternoon

Anvika Hegde, Author

Clear azure skies, lazy white, drifting clouds and fiery, autumn leaves dancing to the rhythm of the wind…that was the weather this past Sunday afternoon, the perfect Sunday afternoon to put a sweatshirt on, grab a camera and drive to the Catskills to capture memories of this scenic phenomena!

The journey was two hours of nonstop driving, with a few wrong turns, but in the end, was worth the awe-inspiring view. As we got closer, we could see the dark purple and blue mountains in the distance. Every time the wind picked up, the leaves would rattle off the trees and look like they were chasing each other in swirls until they hit the ground. The weather was cool and crisp, and the breath of fresh air was exhilarating, as we strolled around the fields amidst the rolled haystacks.

Driving along the meandering roads, we stumbled upon a few quaint farm stands, stocked with homemade pies and cookies, freshly pressed apple cider, and local produce. The picturesque red barns in the distance fit in perfectly with the autumn surroundings.

So there you have it, folks. We still have a few weeks until winter kicks in, but until then, let’s enjoy nature’s golden moments to the fullest!

Anvika Hegde, Author

Anvika is a voracious reader and enthusiastic writer who can't wait to literally, "pen" down ideas and articles to share with others. She is passionate about...