Morning Announcements – Mon. Nov. 12

admin

Today is Day B

1. The first two after school Math competitions of the year will be held this week. The AMC8 contest will be held tomorrow, November 13th from 2:30-3:45pm, and the first Math Olympiad will be held on Wednesday, November 14th from 2:30-3:30pm in the cafeteria.  The contests are open to all 6th-8th graders, and sign-up is not needed. Please bring a #2 pencil. If you have another club or a peer leader meeting scheduled for either day, please speak with your advisor regarding attendance.

1. Any student that has a piece of artwork in the Ed. Center Show.  It will be on display until December break.
  2. November’s theme is “volunteering.” Be sure to submit ONE photo matching that theme to [email protected] by November 30th. Good Luck!
  3. Attention Peer Leaders: CORE 8 will meet today during period 2 in Room 122. There will be no lunch meeting.

1. PLOP Peer Leaders will be conducting a collection of non-perishable food items for the Community FoodBank of New Jersey.  Collection boxes will be in each classroom from now until November 20th. The following items are most needed:

-Canned tuna, salmon, chicken, or ham

-Shelf stable milk

-Pasta, dry potatoes, rice, cereal

-Boxed macaroni and cheese

-Canned chili, stews, meaty soups, fruits, vegetables

-Peanut butter (plastic jars only)

-Diapers and feminine hygiene products

1. Retake day for student portraits is tomorrow, November 13.

Listen for announcements. You will be called down to the auditorium by grade that morning.

If you are getting your picture retaken, you should bring the envelope that the original photos came in, which has a bar code on it.

If you were absent on picture day, you should just show up when your grade level is announced.

If your parent or guardian would like to order photos, you should give an order form and payment directly to the photographer. Special retake-day order forms are available in the main office, or parents can order online at mylifetouch.com.

Please remember that retake day is for major photo issues. If your eyes were closed or you were absent, you should definitely come to retake day. But if you just forgot to wear your favorite shirt, please do NOT get a retake.