WISH Student-Faculty Volleyball Game is Feb. 27th

Back to Article
Back to Article

Peyton Conn, Author

The WISH peer leaders are hosting their 6th annual volleyball game! They are fundraising for the Make-A-Wish foundation.

The game will be for students of all grades, and the preliminary round will take place on Thursday, Feb. 21 after school. After this round, the volleyball finale will take place after school on Wednesday Feb. 27. Both are single-elimination days, the winning four teams on the 21st will become eligible to play against the faculty teams. For students, it costs $8 dollars to play in the tournament, and $5 dollars to watch. You will be able to sign up for this event during auditorium starting on January 30 up until February 15.

The way the tournament finale works is that both the students and the teachers play. One side of the bracket is the student side and one side is the teacher side. The student side is for the 6th-8th graders, who will be matched up randomly with each other. There will be 4 teacher teams matched up against each other, and the number of student teams will vary based on how many students sign up. You and your friends may sign up as a team (up to 10 people) or you may sign up as an individual, and you will be randomly put on a team that needs an extra player.

This year, the WISH peer leaders are heavily encouraging people to sign up. By signing up, you are both donating to a great cause, and having fun because of it. There are also many other reasons to sign up. Not only is playing volleyball always fun, but imagine having the chance to beat some of your very own teachers! If you still need even more reason to sign up for the event, the winner of the tournament receives a pizza party, where you get a double lunch and pizza catered to a cafeteria table designated for you! Finally, by signing up, you will help the WISH peer leaders reach their goal for the year of helping to grant at least one child’s wish through the Make-A-Wish foundation!