Morning Announcements – Mon. March 4

admin

Today is Day A

1.On Wednesday March 6th, many of our 8th graders will be taking part in the National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP) Test.  This is the largest continuing and nationally representative assessment of what students across the country know and can do in a variety of subject areas.  Students were randomly chosen by NAEP to take part in this test and letters were sent home to inform them and their parents of their participation.

Testing on March 6th will be broken into 2 testing sessions and take place in the multi-purpose room.  Some students will test at 8 a.m. and others at 1 p.m. As a reminder, those students selected will receive testing slips in homeroom the morning of March 4th.  The slip will inform them of their testing time.  Students testing at 8 a.m. should report directly to the MPR in lieu of homeroom.  Bring your testing slip. Students testing at 1 p.m. will report to the MPR directly after lunch.

Thank you and good luck!

2.Thank you to everyone who played and came out to support the Make-A-Wish foundation on Wednesday at our Student vs. Faculty Volleyball game! We raised over 1,700 dollars!  Our WISH peer leaders will be hosting bake sales and other fun events throughout the rest of the year, so please continue to support a great cause.

3.The fifth and final Math Olympiad will be held on Wednesday, March 6th from 2:30-3:30pm in the cafeteria.  The contest is open to all 6th-8th graders, and sign-up is not needed. Students who would like to try the contest for the first time are welcome to attend. Please bring a pencil.  If you have another after school activity scheduled for that day, please speak with your advisor regarding attendance.