Morning Announcements – Mon. April 22

admin

Today is Day A

1.Please check monitors in the building for yearbook information,  summer Algebra course, information for the penpoint “photo of the month” and raffle tickets for Wish Peer Leaders.

2.On April 23rd, 24th, and 26th, students in grades 6-8 will be taking the NJSLA Tests in Math and Language Arts.  Students in grades 6 and 7 will be testing with their homeroom teacher, unless otherwise noted by a testing location slip that will be handed out in homerooms on Friday.  8th graders will be testing based on Math sections, unless otherwise noted by a testing location slip that will be handed out in homerooms on Friday.  8th Grade Math Teachers will inform you this week where you will be testing and with who.

All students need to make sure you bring a set of wired earbuds or headphones with you for each day of testing.  Earbuds will NOT be provided!!! 6th and 7th grade students will use the four function calculator that appears in the test as a link, 8th graders can bring their scientific calculator for the Math test and a graphing calculator if taking the Algebra test.

3.The school-wide Challenge 24 tournament will take place on Friday, April 26th after school in the cafeteria at 2:30pm. This is a change from the original date which was Thursday, April 25th. All students are welcome to participate, and sign up is not required. The winners of the school tournament will move on to the Essex County competition which will be held here at MMS on Wednesday, June 5th during the school day.

4.PLOP Peer Leaders will be conducting a collection of travel/trial sized personal care products for the Bridges Program in Summit.   Check the lists in your homerooms for the requested items. Please remember the collection if you are going on vacation next week – the hotel size shampoo and soaps work great for this collection.  

5.Any rising 9th grader who wishes to try to be a part of one of the High School’s Robotics or Rocketry programs please set up an interview time using the following link:   http://tinyurl.com/mhsrobo20

6.WISH peer leaders will be raffling off an Airpod during the month of April.  Raffle tickets will be sold after school on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday as well as during auditorium on Fridays.  With each raffle ticket you buy you also can take a guess at how many candies are in the candy jar! Come out and support a good cause.  The winner will be announced on Tuesday April 30th!

7.Join us for BREAK ROOM this week on Thursday, 4/25 during Lunch/Auditorium. Sign up on the Guidance Google Classroom.