Wish Peer Leaders Teacher vs. Student Volley Ball Game

Soham Mittal, Author

On February 26th, the WISH Peer Leaders held their annual faculty vs. student volleyball game in the upper gym. This event consisted of 4 student teams and 4 faculty teams. Teams played multiple games directed by the Sport Peer Leaders to see who wins it all. This volleyball game was a competitive, fun, and interactive experience for the players and the students who came to watch the game. During the game Wish Peer Leaders held a raffle to win a candy bar tower. In fact, even if you lost the raffle during the game, there were snacks available to purchase supplied by the peer leaders.

All of the money will be donated to the Make-A-Wish foundation. This organization’s mission is to help raise money to create life-changing wishes for children battling critical illnesses. Make-A-Wish believes that one wish experience can change someone’s life. With the money, Make-A-Wish will be able to grant one wish to a child in need to encourage them in life.

This nonprofit organization was started in 1980 when a 7-year old boy with leukemia named Chris Greicius, who wished to be a policeman. With the help of a few officers The Arizona Department of Safety, granted him with a custom made uniform, badge and helicopter ride. After seeing his reaction they wanted to help more children around the world and fulfill their wishes. This little idea grew into a whole organization to help people like Chris. 

Overall, this event was filled with a fun competitive game while raising money to help

people in need. The students beat the teachers for the second time ever, and we hope to add another win to that tally next year!